Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bay mosquito repellent for under 6 months of age?

Can anybody recommend a product (and stockist)? I've just been to Boots but they are all for kids over 6 months of age.Bay mosquito repellent for under 6 months of age?
There are citronella bands that you can put on his ankles and around the stroller. Amazon sells them for a couple of bucks each.Bay mosquito repellent for under 6 months of age?
http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/keepingk…


http://www.pmra-arla.gc.ca/english/consu…


http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/se…





Citronella has been used commercially since 1948 without any reports of serious side effects. Insect repellents containing citronella can protect you from bites for 30 minutes up to 2 hours. The use of citronella may cause skin irritation in some people.





Here are some tips for the safe use of citronella:





DO NOT USE citronella on children under 2 years of age


limit the number of applications per day according to the label instructions.
u cant use any misquito repellent under any child under the age of 6 months...their skin soaks stuff up and its not good for them...
I can't wait to see the answer to this question. The other day I was outside with my baby and a mosquito landed right on his head! He's only 11 weeks old, so that could have been horrible for him. I wonder if there are any homemade ingredients you could use? I'll look it up and re-post what I find in a few minutes.


***OK, here you go....this is the best thing I've found so far. Good luck!
I asked my pediatrician this a month ago because I took my baby on vacation to beach but there's a lot of mosquitos there. My baby was a little under 6 months. My ped said no repellents or anything and told me to do a mix of 1 oz water and 1oz vinegar (yes! plain vinegar used for salads) and use it as a mosquito repellent for babies. I guess you may be lifting an eyebrow over this - as I was when my ped told me- but it worked very good. there were mosquitos everywhere and my daughter didn't get one single bite, we, on the other hand, were bitten very bad. By 2 days we were already using the vinegar and was the only thing that worked, even for us!
My doctor told us that you can use bugspray after 3 months old and find one that has Deet with 10% or less.
Avon make a body lotion called 'Skin So Soft' which contains citronella....this should be mild enough for a young baby, and the scent isn't overpowerful either.
My doctor said not to put mosquito repellent on a baby. Here in CA where I live, the West Nile Virus is getting really bad in our county. There have already been a few deaths! But my sons Pediatrician said that children under the age of 5 are not effected by West Nile virus ...
When my son was born, the doctor told me no lotions or repellents or anything like that until after 6 months. Maybe you should ask your pediatrician

No comments:

Post a Comment