Friday, May 14, 2010

What can I use as a racoon and opposum repellent??

I tried red pepper,different sprays. I used a dish filled with a gallon of ammonia mixed with151 proof Rum and they are just drinking it like crazy and still raiding my garbage can!! They are not even passing out! HELP!What can I use as a racoon and opposum repellent??
A big German Shepherd will keep them away.





Or a chain and lock on the garbage can.What can I use as a racoon and opposum repellent??
CHicken wire. They and cats or even dogs for that matter don't like the feeling it gives their paws. Just make sure you lay out a good bit at least four feet around the trash can and there are no trees, bushes or fences for them to climb on to avoid the wire. As for not liking the smell of dogs, I have seen opossoms on the chain link surrounding the backyard where I have two dogs.
Get a coupla good coon dogs.
I've been hearing great things recently about mint-scented trash bags (from Repell-X). Boomer Esiason (former NFL QB) always raves about them keeping his trash safe on the morning sports radio show program I listen to. They seem pretty affordable. I haven't used them personally but if I started having problems I would try them for sure. Their website is www.nomorerodents.com.
If you go to a dog groomer and get some Dog Hair and place it around where the critters are getting in you will have the smell of a dog without the mess to clean up....I used to do this in my garden and it worked well
Get a dog, they hate dogs big or small. and the smell of a dog in the yard is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment