Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Does anyone know of a bug repellent for horses that you don't have to spray on?

My horses are afraid of being sprayed so i am looking for a lotion or something to keep the bugs away. Any suggestions?Does anyone know of a bug repellent for horses that you don't have to spray on?
I don't know horses, but my dogs don't like spray either. So I spray into a towel or cloth to reduce the high pitched sound, then I massage my dogs with the cloth... It might be harder with a horse, because you need to do it more times.





But the dogs don't mind the spray... what they don't like is the high pitched sound (that we can't hear), and the feel of the spray which seems like little bugs crawling across their fur or skin. Hope that helps with your horse....Does anyone know of a bug repellent for horses that you don't have to spray on?
Tractor Supply has a roll on repellent that works good.
Theres OFF brand skin wipes. IDK if that works 4 horses lol.
There are many brands in roll-on form or ones that you can pour on a cloth and wipe on the horses.
I use Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil for my horse and dogs. It is an oil, so you can rub it on... no spraying necessary. I swear by this stuff!!!
you could try designating a certain brush for spraying the flyspray into then brushing your horse, or you could use a rag/sponge. they also make a few products that are roll on like swat, bug block and war paint. you could also try the spot on treatments they are supposed to work for 2 weeks if you do not bathe your horse. i think one is called freedom. ive tried them but they dont seem to work all that well, at least no better than decent flyspray.

No comments:

Post a Comment