Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it safe to use insect repellent in pregnancy?

30 weeks pregnant and I have found so many spiders around the home.





My landlord offers to spray an indoor and outdooe spider repellent.





But I am in two minds.





There are deadly venomous spiders around this area, but I am pregnant................Is it safe to use insect repellent in pregnancy?
it is generally safe as long as it doesn't contain DEET





edited: sorry, i re-read and saw that you meant a repellent to be used on your home. i would say that is safe, i would just try to avoid being home when the spraying occurs.Is it safe to use insect repellent in pregnancy?
goodness, deadly and venomous...where do you live? I would suggest contacting the people who manufacture the product he is considering using. In Britain we have a telephone number on a lot of products that we can call for further advice or help on the product itself. Since the product is not being used ON you I would say it was ok...its only when you come incontact with something...through the skin or oraly etc...that you are at risk. However I too would have the same reservations as you until I had spoken to the manufacturer and they had confirmed it was safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment