Sunday, January 24, 2010

I need to know about bat repellent that I can spray on a roost above my porch.?

Bats are entering a small gap between the soffit and the siding. I have no wish to harm them but they need to be encouraged to find a new home.I need to know about bat repellent that I can spray on a roost above my porch.?
why? bats eat mosquito's and other pests...





let them be or put a bat box somewhere else on the property....I need to know about bat repellent that I can spray on a roost above my porch.?
I have used a half and half solution of water and bleach to get rid of wasps and hornets. The smell bothers them tremendouly. I do not spray it directly on them but around the area they are trying to nest in. Within days they are gone.


You may try this and see if they nest elsewhere.


Take a plastic spray bottle and spritz the area closest to the gap and they should leave you alone fairly quickly. I use it twice yearly around my doors and window sills and I do not have wasps or hornets nesting at all.


I do agree with the others posters that bats are very beneficial and once they are gone you may wish they were still there to erradicate the mosquitos and other pests that invade your yard.





Good luck.
Call your wildlife division if they are a concern to you. You will get the best information possible from them. I highly doubt the bats will change their roost right now. They are very beneficial and usually don't bother people. We have quite a few where I live and every once in a while they will buzz you but this is most likely because a yummy insect was flying near you. There is a rabies concern with bats but your wildlife division will be able to inform you of the rabies status in bats for your area.
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment