Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is there a repellent I can wear to keep yellow jackets from stinging me?

I am exceptionally allergic to yellowjacket stings. Last time I was stung, I went into anaphalaxis shock. I nearly died. I am in desperate need of some kind of repellent that will keep them away and from stinging me if I come close to them. I live in the country where we have them. I try to keep any nest that I see killed out, but they still are flying around. I carry Epipens with me, but would feel safer if I could find something to totally keep them from attacking and stinging me. Please help!Is there a repellent I can wear to keep yellow jackets from stinging me?
I know this sounds goofy --- But when we go to the orchards we keep a fabric softener dryer sheet hanging out of our pant pocket s--- It really seems to help keep them away......Is there a repellent I can wear to keep yellow jackets from stinging me?
If I knew I would use it too as I am allergic too. I was told to make sure to use a scent free deoderant and to not wear perfume as these things attract them as does the smell of sweat. I spray listerine mouthwash on my arms and legs and this seems to keep the majority of all bugs away. The mediciney smell I guess is foul to them. Just try to avoid the areas that the wasps are known to be until you know they are safe and always carry your epipen and if you do find a for sure repellant let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment