Friday, January 22, 2010

Is there a natural repellent that will keep my dog off my sofa, chairs and bed?

When I am home there is no problem. It is when I am not home that my pit bull curls up and sleep on my chairs and bed instead of her own. I do not want to harm her I just want to keep her off.Is there a natural repellent that will keep my dog off my sofa, chairs and bed?
I think wal-mart sells a product for this. I forget the exact name (NO! or something like that)





You spray it on and it repells cats and dogs from going where they shouldn'tIs there a natural repellent that will keep my dog off my sofa, chairs and bed?
Bitter apple spray or you could put stuff on the chairs etc so she can't jump up. it works with my 2
a lot of pet stores sell bitter apple sprays that you can spray on your couch, bed, etc. you can also crate your pet when you're not at home. other than that, there really is nothing you can do...i think it's just something that pets do when you're not home - they know you're not there to defend the ';den';, so then they think that they have to take over.
I would but your dog in a crate when you leave for any amount of time. The dog probably knows that when your gone it can do as it pleases and basically run you even though you not there. Another thing do you allow the dog to be on the furniture when you are there?, if so that is the problem the dog is use to it and therefor will always do it. If not then I would recommend just putting the dog in a crate with a blanket for cushion and a toy or to for comfort. If you wish also put a treat or two so the dog knows that's it's not in trouble it just needs to go in there for a few moments.
a swift kick in the as s
My parents got their dog to stay down by getting that clear plastic carpet runner stuff and turning it upside down on the couches and chairs when they left. It has small nubbies on it and it irritates their feet. After a while the dog stopped trying to jump up.

No comments:

Post a Comment