Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of garlic as a natural cat repellent?

I have horrible neighbors (3rd floor apartment) who insist their four cats live outdoors. My problem is that their cats have found a nice seat in my flower box! I don't want to hurt the kitties (it's not their fault), but want to keep them out of my flowers. Any other ideas would be wonderful! Neither the ASPCA nor the management company so far have done anything as we have complained. Thanks!Has anyone ever heard of garlic as a natural cat repellent?
Moth balls/bitter lemon spray ,paprika and if you go to the pet store they do sell cat repellent sticks and sprays to spray the flowers but not hurt the cats or the flowers.Has anyone ever heard of garlic as a natural cat repellent?
Well let me know how it works and if not I can probably come up with some more safe ideas.Thank you for being such a considerate,understanding neighbour!!!

Report Abuse



No, but you could try it. I have heard of garlic as ice cream and as the reason for bad breath.
Only if you use the cloves of garlic to throw at them....lol
make a spray of cayenne pepper-anywhere you dont want them to perch apply as often as necessary-wont hurt cat and keeps them out of where you want-i am the servant of two cats and this works for me-keep the peace old hippie
i think the scent of oranges...worked on my cat!
not garlic





garlic you give to your pets (cats and dogs) to get rid of their fleas
I'm not sure the effectiveness of garlic..it may work although I never heard of it. You may want to ask this question to a vet. He or she should come up with safe and effective ways of dealing with this. I'm sure that someone will have the answers for you. Or you may try asking at a pet shop too.





Good luck to you and I hope your situation will be addressed soon.
ery
actually, my cat likes garlic....especially the garlic part of garlic bread. he only gets a pinch of it but that satisfies his craving...so try mothballs or repellent spray made for cats. maybe call a local cat breeder or vet to see what has an offensive smell to cats but is yet safe.
get some dog hairs and put it in that area...the cats will never go there again

No comments:

Post a Comment