Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is there a repellent against Huntsman spiders?

Something I can spray in the air which repels them for a few weeks? Preferbly not scented.Is there a repellent against Huntsman spiders?
Here is what I found:


Anything that contains lavender or lemon. Spiders detest the smell of these.


my bedroom window is right next to the garden and if i left it open for about a hour...even at night i would always find a huge spider on my wall!





It sounds stupid but i had some lavender bubble bath in the bathroom so i used an old toothbrush and like dabbed bits on the windowsill! then used a bit of lemon!


No spiders since! i can leave my window open all the time!


and if its hot and sunny...it makes the room smell so fresh and fragrant!





Brew it Yourself Pesticides





To prevent Spiders in gardens and areas of a home not used on a regular basis: Mix 1 ounce of table salt in a gallon of water and spray on plants and in non-finished area of your home (unfinished basements, garages and unfinished rooms) spray once a week outdoors and and needed to prevent spiders indoors


I have heard that citronella and lemon eucalyptus are very good to get rid of spiders as they do not like the acid in the citrus.





I personally use the plug in spider repellents and they work for us. I also have friends who say they work as well for them.


Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment