Sunday, January 24, 2010

What kind of fly and insect repellent is best to use on horses?

http://www.springtimeinc.com/ShowView/pr鈥?/a>


This bug-off product is great - I've used it on all four of my horses and have never had any problems getting them to eat it and they will ship out of countryWhat kind of fly and insect repellent is best to use on horses?
DO NOT USE REGULAR HOUSE-type insect spray... not good for the coat of the animal.





I forget the name BUT... go to a Feed and grain store(where they sell pet supplies but mostly for horses, etc and get an insect spray that they sell for horses there. EVERY CITY has a feed and grain store..What kind of fly and insect repellent is best to use on horses?
I LOVE Pyranha. It smells and works better than most I have tried. Just spray it on and the flys and insects stay away for hours - literally!
Try mixing garlic granules into her feed - this take a couple days to get a response, also citronella oil is very good for making up your own replellent, you can also smear vaseline around her eyes, nose and teats as the midges etc don't like it.
I know this one, it is called WIPE, it is in a green bottle in the horse section. It is good stuff that works. My husband is a farrier and will not leave home with out it in the summer time.
I'm not sure insect repellent would get rid of a horse, are you being plagued by one?
I really like Endure.It is sweat proof and last for a long time.I spray it before I ride.I usually ride for at least 4 hours and when I get back it still works for hours.It is a little pricey vs the others out there but I really like it.If you can,I would get a couple and see which ones work the best for your horses.IF you are looking for something that will last longer get something that is oil based and stay away from water based sprays.
Bronco is a good brand to use. I have used Absorbine for years. Swat has a roll on for the face and ears. Go to your local feed store and ask around..they should be able to point you in the right direction. Good Luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment