Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What is a good squirrel repellent?

Squirrels are overrunning my garden and eating my bulbs! They are also knocking over pots and making a big mess. I know that there are products that are supposed to repel them, but I wanted some other gardeners' opinions on what is best, and if there is a natural alternative. It would have to be something that would not pose a danger to my dog. Thanks!What is a good squirrel repellent?
You could try fox urine- it's sold at any sporting goods store- will need to be reapplied often to workWhat is a good squirrel repellent?
Moth balls will work,but don't place them to close to flowers or gardens because they dissolve an could kill vegetation.They also might irritate your dog if there to closely placed where the dog usally hangs out at.Its okay to place them around gardens or around flower pots just not in the garden or flower pots.the dog will adjust to them an they could keep him out of unwanted places as well.
I would try trapping them. Then drown them, or drive them 20 miles away and let them go.
Try getting a labrador retriever or a beagle.
12 guage shotgun
Send them to my house, I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment