Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I bought a plug-in pest repellent. Mainly to keep insects away. Does anyone know if these things are any good?

It's a Viatek dual technology one that uses electromagnetic and ultrasonic technology. It claims to work within the wiring of the house and protect the whole house.I bought a plug-in pest repellent. Mainly to keep insects away. Does anyone know if these things are any good?
We have three of them for spiders - one in the kitchen, one in my brother's room and one downstairs, because he's terrified - and they work great, although as far as 'covering the whole house' it depends on the size of the house.I bought a plug-in pest repellent. Mainly to keep insects away. Does anyone know if these things are any good?
I once asked the local mosquito control board whether they would recommend that type of device for someone who was going to be walking in fields near swamps. They said -'; No. Don't bother. We tried them for our staff and they are worthless.';
I really don';t know,if it does work sounds safe for humans and pets. I would be interested to know if it does work John T
I haven't used one, but am thinking about getting one. I have known people who have used these, however, and they say they work.


Please let us know !
I think it's the ultrasonic. Yes I am familiar with it. I don't know if it really works. Did you check with Popular Mechanics or similar magazines to see if they did some tests on them. I'll bet you could do a search. Good luck.
it depends on what your trying to kill what kind of pest.
Cain't answer that but let me know if they work on ex-relationships.
The company that sells them says the work great. Why wouldn't you trust them?
Ok, it does work, but not how you think. There is no actual way to kill a mosquito with something like that without harming a human, too. So, what it does is, it nums the mosquito so it doesn't bite. So, don't be alarmed to see a mosquito after you pluged it in.
I'm curious to know the answer to this as well. I've heard that they don't work, but the ads on TV are very convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment