Friday, January 22, 2010

Fire ant repellent to wear when you are on public grass.?

I am allergic to fire ant bites and have ended up in the emergency room because of them. I play golf on a course that has fire ants, and I need a repellent that will keep them off me.Fire ant repellent to wear when you are on public grass.?
I feel for you. I'm a Texan and I loathe fire ants as well...





...but to your question. There's a few things that you can do...and don't laugh. Fire ants are repelled by the smell of cedar, so perhaps place a few chunks of cedar balls in your shoes or socks. Or you can just sprinkle Amdro or Ortheen where you walk! Good Luck...Fire ant repellent to wear when you are on public grass.?
What Golf course do you go to?





They are supposed to take care of that so that you don't get bitten.





Nothing repells fire ants on your skin or clothing... You would have to pack a little can of raid on your golf bag and spray the ground everytime you stop moving.





Hardly worth it if you ask me... Why not take up tennis?

No comments:

Post a Comment