Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is Ground Cayenne pepper mixed with water a good dog repellent?

A unknown dog keeps pooping and peeing on my lawn. I heard that Ground Cayenne pepper mixed with water is a good repellent. How often do you have to apply it? Does it work? Will it attract any other pests?Is Ground Cayenne pepper mixed with water a good dog repellent?
yes it will work dogs smell where they go if it smells bad they will find another place. The pepper will not hurt the dog. I do not think it will attract any other critters. And thankyou for looking for a humane way to deal with the problem.Is Ground Cayenne pepper mixed with water a good dog repellent?
Someone suggested tabasco sauce to me a long time ago (basically same priniciple). It just doesn't work. In fact I haven't found a repellent that does.





A better approach is to try to get a picture of the dog in action and confront the owner if you can locate them. If that doesn't do it, call animal control and report them.
I don't know about the cayenne pepper but once I had a problem with cats and dogs digging in my garden and someone told me to hide here and there big soft drink bottles half filled with water.....I did and it kept them away, I have no explanation as to how it works but it did.
I have heard that just sprinkling cayenne in your flower beds will keep an animal for potting there, my friend uses it for there lab and they dont have any problems with it. Good Luck
just sprinkle it in the location you don't want the dog. dogs go along snuffing up them odors. they sniff up the pepper and there nose don't like it. so they stop sniffing there
Cayenne works better for things like keeping your dog from chewing a specific item.





Go to your local pet store and feed-n-seed. They have actual dog repellents.





Good luck.
Sorry but this will not keep dogs out of your yard. Proper training will though. Watch the dog and shoo it away and follow it to its own home and speak with its owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment