Friday, January 22, 2010

How do I get rid of Spiders without using Bug bombs or some type of bottle of repellent?

I am an arachnophobic I'm scared shitless of spiders, For the past week I find at least 1 spider every 2 days and it bugs the hell out of me because I cant sleep if I find one... I saw before someone answered some type of nut or something that keeps them away. Please if someone can just jot down a few things that can help it would be very appreciated... thanks.How do I get rid of Spiders without using Bug bombs or some type of bottle of repellent?
I have a major arachnophobia myself and these are the tips that I found to keep them away:





1) mint or penny royal - supposedly they hate the smell, so mix some essential oil with water and spray it around windows and doors





2) conkers - they seem to repel spiders, some people suggest putting a few in every room





3) vinegar mixed with water - again it smells nasty to them, so wipe the windows or floors with it (its a natural disinfectant too!) and spiders should stay outHow do I get rid of Spiders without using Bug bombs or some type of bottle of repellent?
First, you should do something about your phobia.


that will make dealing with spiders much easier.


pesticides would be worse than any spiders.


you will not rid them, but you can control them with routine


cleaning with a vacuum, and non toxic sticky traps help a lot.


keeping clutter and other 'hiding places' to a minimum


will also help. outdoors, keep brush, trash, debris away from


the perimeter.
Hedge apples, horse apples, hanging on the walls will get rid of them.





Peppermint or spearmint oil in water and make a spray.





Or put the oil on cotton balls.





Borax in shallow lids.
Lemon oil will keep away the little critters! You can buy it at Whole Foods Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment