Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why is my dog still trying to rub off the Advantage 10 flea repellent that I put on her?

My mom and I put Advantage 10 flea repellent on our 6-pound yorkie about half an hour ago. She is still rolling around in the dirt, trying to get it off. Does she just not like the smell or is it hurting her or something?Why is my dog still trying to rub off the Advantage 10 flea repellent that I put on her?
It irritates her. Sis' cat always tries to rub off the Frontline after they apply it. That is why they tell you to put it between their shoulder blades as this is one place they cannot reach to scratch or easily rub on the ground.Why is my dog still trying to rub off the Advantage 10 flea repellent that I put on her?
Make sure you're using the right one, for her 6-lbs of weight. If it's for heavier weights, it could be too strong for her. Call the Vet %26amp; see what he/her says about it. They can have bad reactions or even die if they are allergic to it, or if the dosage is too strong. I've never had any luck with the Frontline !
it probable anoys her and feels un- comfortable


or there could be somthing els annoyinhg her.


you should ask the vet, but that would be my guess
She may not like the smell or it may irritate her skin why not try frontline
my dogs hate the smell. they are all happy than they get a wiff of the tube when I open in and they try to bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment