Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What can one use that is an affective repellent against mosquito bites?

And is there anything good to stop the itching from the ones one already has?What can one use that is an affective repellent against mosquito bites?
Any mosquito-repellent product containing Diethylene, or ';Deet'; will effectively repel mosquitos, but it also must be used cautiously. Avoid contact with eyes or mouth. Do not spray directly on the face, put some in your hands and then rub it on your forehead and cheeks. Be careful with children as well, it is toxic if swallowed.





Cortizone cream is an effective anti-itch product. Also, calamine lotion is a good drying agent in case of numerous mosquito bites and overuse of a steroid cream like cortizone is not desired.





Hope this helps





CraigWhat can one use that is an affective repellent against mosquito bites?
You could try Avon's Skin So Soft (also their bug repellent product) as a repellent.


As for the itching, you could try cortisone or Aveeno's Anti-Itch Concentrated Lotion (not usually found with their skin line products in the store, I think they keep it with, maybe the cortisone products area).


I read once the bites itch cuz we're allergic to them. It's help me to squeeze the ';poison'; out that they've injected, really reduces the itch, but could cause scars I suppose (although it hasn't for me).
OFF! deep woods


anti-itch cream


good luck!!!
Maskitagel is great
Use a repellent like Off Deep Woods or another repellent that has DEET. For stopping the itching of ones that have already occurred try some calamine lotion (the pink lotion that you can buy at your local drug store), and trying some ice.
avon's skin so soft is the best I know
Bruce Willis. I always carry a Bruce Willis with me when I go walking in the Woods. Drives the bugs crazy!
deet found in Deep Woods Off is a good product





for the itch get some afterbite or benadryl cream
2 part water


1 part vinegar


1/2 part hot sauce


chili powder (as much as you can spare, usually 2 tablespoons)





Directions:





Mix everything together, spray around what you wish to protect (grass, plants, windows, wood piles etc.)





It works really well for squirrels, rodents, rabbits, etc.





At our house we have a storage unit positioned up against a wall outside, and all kinds or animals try to claw/chew/defecate their way inside. This spray keeps them away. Re-apply it often, as it can be washed off easily by rain or whatever.





If possible, don't deprive the animals you are displacing! If you're nixing a possible food supply for them, offer a better option for both them, and you! And if you are nixing a possible living place, do it in the summer, so the animals have ample opportunity to find shelter before winter hits.





Preparation time: 2 minutes
I sell Avon Skin So Soft BugGuard and use it myself also! It works really well,and it has a 30 spf sunscreen to keep you from burning.When I forget to put my BugGuard on and pay for it with bites, I use the Benadryl Gel anti-itch. It feels really cool and soothing.Works fast,also If you want to order some of the BugGuard,e-mail me and I'll give you my website address
skin so soft bath oil is very good =an Avon product =I have used it for several years now
please do not use these chemicals it will have after effects on you. there is a herbal remedy for it use of citronela oil is good it has no after effects. trust me I come from a tropical country and we have all kinds of mosquitos here

No comments:

Post a Comment