Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of raccoons? Has anyone had success with predator repellent?

They keep coming up on my deck. I've moved all the garbage into the garage, tried moth balls and rags soaked in ammonia but they still come up. Tonight I sprinkled ceyenne pepper all over cuz I heard they hate that. I read that their poop can contain a potentially deadly roundworm parasite so I was horrified one morning to find a big pile of it on my deck. I carefully cleaned it up and dumped kettles of boiling water over the area. Wolf, coyote and fox urine are relatively inexpensive and I was wondering if anyone has found them useful to repel these pests.Anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of raccoons? Has anyone had success with predator repellent?
the bottom line it a food source! Some where at your home or near your home they are find a food source. Be sure not to leave cat or dog food or garbage where they can get to it. They may simply be attracted to the smell for food even if they can't get to it. A yard dog will be very helpful. Hot pepper sprinkled around is helpful. Insure that they do not have access to any water source to wash their food, they can not eat most food without water to wet the food before eating. Good LuckAnyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of raccoons? Has anyone had success with predator repellent?
Peppermint oil works the best!
THERE is only one way. - trap de critters...


I use a Hav a hart double door trap with a bit of avacado.


I have trapped and released (far away) 86 coons %26amp; possums.


All My neighbors know when my avo trees are in season - cuz all the critters ARE GONE... and we dance %26amp; rejoice


Every year their numbers decrease and my crop increases dramatically.


You must do it every night for 5 - 6 months (in season) and you will not be botherthed for 3 or 4 years


I am in South Florida.
A shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment