Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is it better to make my own deer repellent or just buy something?

I don't know whether I can make a deer repellent as good as what I can buy, but the commercial repellents are so expensive. Can I just make it myself and have as good results? What about my vegetables that I will be eating later?Is it better to make my own deer repellent or just buy something?
Here is a recipe for home made deer repellent, it works better than anything you can buy. If you have allot of deer you may have to fence. I have had to do both. (I fence my new trees and shrubs).


You can use this recipe on peas, beans till they are blooming, but not on a plant (like lettuce or spinach) you want to eat soon.


Deer Repellent:


1 egg


1 tablespoon of dish soap


1 tablespoon of vegetable oil


1/2 cup of milk


1gallon of water


I mix the first 4 ingredients together in some of the water, I strain it so clumps don't plug up my sprayer. Then mix with rest of the water. I keep my ';supply'; in my extra refrigerator. I gets smelly after awhile, but so much the better. Then spray on your plants after a heavy rain, or if you have watered. Usually if you do this a few times, they stop coming. They do not like it. This has worked for me better than any commercial spray, and it is ingredients you generally have in your kitchen.Is it better to make my own deer repellent or just buy something?
Pee outside. Deer should be repelled by the smell of humans. If that doesn't work put up a fence around your vegetables.
Go to your nearest zoo and beg for a bushel of cat manure, spread that in your garden area, the deer will avoid you like crazy.
Home made deer deterrent:





1 tsp dishwashing detergent


1 egg


1 quart water





Spray on plants with spray bottle
Sorry this isnt going to really answer yoor question but i was amazed at the fact that you need a repellent for deers????? is this true! thats awesome thats deers are so close to yoo! lol god i sound like an idiot but i have never heard of anything like this before! lol x
Take a look at this deer and rabbit fencing that you roll up and put away after harvest:





http://www.gardeners.com/Garden%20Pest%2鈥?/a>
Use human hair from your barber, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment