Monday, January 18, 2010

How do I keep cats away from certain areas of my home naturally without purchasing repellent?

Depending on the size of the area you can do a couple things: put bubblewrap down, or those clear plastic car mats, but turn them face down. These work on the premise that the cats don't like walking on them--the bubbles pop, and the mats have nubby things on them, that make it uncomfortable on their feet.





Or keep an eye on the area armed with a spray bottle full of PLAIN water and spritz the cat when it goes near the forbidden area. Or try the pet stores (or online) for something called a scatmat (runs on a battery) or an X-mat (just not comfortable for them).How do I keep cats away from certain areas of my home naturally without purchasing repellent?
We've been lucky that our cats have learned ';NO'; to not get on either furniture or tables etc... but a room/area of the house. Hmmm. unless you close the door, I don't think you can expect a cat to NOT enter a particular room. You can train a dog to not go into an area/room, but a cat is different. Good luck on this one!How do I keep cats away from certain areas of my home naturally without purchasing repellent?
Depends on how bid the area is. I put moth balls in a sealed container with holes in it under the cabinets, so they do not go around my cleaners. They hate the smell.
depends which areas..but if you want cats to keep away from your prize pssessions I would shut the doors .. that is ure to keep them out of those rooms
Try putting up cardboard barriers blocking the areas you don't want it to go. Eventually take the cardboard barriers away and if your cat goes there scold it. If it doesn't go there, give it a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment