Saturday, January 16, 2010

What indoor home remedy can I use as a mosquito repellent?

Each morning I wake up covered in mosquito bites. I've tried a mosquito net but it itches me when it drapes across my bed! Is there a safe home remedy I can use (not expensive) to keep the mosquitoes away at night time in my room?What indoor home remedy can I use as a mosquito repellent?
Tea tree oil products worked well for me.What indoor home remedy can I use as a mosquito repellent?
Absolutely. Catnip oil. It's 10-20 times more effective than Deet at repelling mosquitos, it's cheap, nontoxic, and it smells wonderful.


There are products with catnip oil out there available, but I just grow a bunch of catnip and when I need mosquito repellant, I pick a sprig, rub it between my hands then rub my hands over whatever exposed area I want to keep the mosquitos away from.


Try it, it's amazing.


If you can't grow your own catnip, I think you can buy catnip oil, that would probably be more expensive. I think you can also buy it dried in bulk at some health food stores because it's great for tea. If you have to use the dried, I'd simmer it for a half hour or so in water, strain out the plant matter and put the liquid in a spray bottle. I've never done this, but that's how I'd treat it if I had to use the dried catnip.


I've also used basil, rosemary and oregano to help repel bugs. When I'm working in the garden and I'm being 'bugged' I pick a sprig of whatever's closest and rub it over my skin. But catnip, hands down is the best. It also seems to repel knats and some biting flies.


Best wishes!
i heard taking vitamin e pills helps
Try a natural bug repellent like Burt's Bees brand, or go to a health or vitamin store %26amp; ask what they have. I know they don't like citronella essential oil. Do you have a screen for windows? keeping them OUT would be best. I'll bet you can get a natural lotion for around 5-7 bucks.
If you know someone that sales Avon, there is a wonderful side effect to their Skin-so-soft lotion: It repels mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes hate lavender. I suggest you to buy lavender aroma therapy, or buy lavender plant and put it in you room. It just as tall as grass so it wouldn't be hard to handle.


If you don't like the smell of lavender, there's this anti mosquito grass sold in some florists.
Aloha I am from Hawaii and insence is the best indoor remedy for mequitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment