Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is the best mosquito repellent for my 10 month old?

My little one is very allergic and has eczema. She's so allergic to moquito bite it stays for weeks together :( I am really scared to use topical mosquito repellents? Will it cause allergic reaction?What is the best mosquito repellent for my 10 month old?
Garlic. It's not allergenic (although a baby *can* be allergic to anything), it's non-toxic, and it's effective. Take a pinch of powdered garlic between your thumb and first finger. Run the pinched fingers under a stream of water just to dampen them. Make a paste.





I had one child who was very popular with mosquitoes as a baby. I used to put garlic on his forehead every night. If I missed one night, he was fine, but if I forgot twice in a row, he'd be all bitten up again. It only smells for a few minutes after you put it on.





And, by the way, if she already has bites, put the garlic *on* the bites instead. It is antibacterial, and it will help heal them. Garlic is even used in many anti-mosquito yard sprays (go and read some packages) because it is so effective. (I think they use smell-less garlic.)What is the best mosquito repellent for my 10 month old?
Take a small white plate/bowl and put lemon joy dishsoap in/on it and set it outside where mosquitos can reach it but your cat or dog cannot. Mosquitos for some reason will land on the dish and drink the soap. They will die within ten feet of the dish.

Report Abuse



I used Skin So Soft on my infant and he broke out in bumps, but I believe that is still probably the safest thing to put on your baby. Anything else, I think, would be too harsh.





The bumps appeared wherever skin met skin, like under his chin, on his neck, armpits... so i just put it on torso, face, arms, legs w/o getting it in any ';fat folds'; ;)
The safest mosquito repellent for children is Skin So Soft from Avon....It is harmless to your child.
  • how to makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment