Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is the best mosquito repellent in Canada? Preferably natural but at this point I want anything.?

I am in the Interlake in Manitoba and I am getting swarmed the minute I step outside. HELP!!!!! Thank you!What is the best mosquito repellent in Canada? Preferably natural but at this point I want anything.?
Watkins Insect Repellent. I've used this in the Yukon during the summer and it's always worked great.What is the best mosquito repellent in Canada? Preferably natural but at this point I want anything.?
well, i used to live in northern MN and I found that nothing but deet helped. you can try using the clothing that is made of bug screen to go over your clothes or try making your own lotion with crushed cat nip plant--they are not susposed to like the smell, but good luck, b/c my experience is that nothing worked but something with a lot of deet like deep woods OFF.
I use Deep Woods Off %26amp; Deep Woods Sportsman. They both work very well. Another product that works pretty good is Off Swipes (which I use on my granddaughter).





I have the same type problem at my house (in Michigan). My yard is more like a two acre wood than a typical well manicured yard so there are mosquitos aplenty. Sometimes I swear they are hanging just outside the door waiting for me to step out.





http://www.offprotects.com/





And while you are protecting yourself with that, here is an article that deals with natural ways to reduce the mosquito population - through gardening to attract good bugs and critters that eat mosquitos





http://www.dulley.com/docs/f540.htm
I have been experimenting with liquid fabric softener. I heard about it from somewhere. It is supposed to be completely safe according to the label (even if you drink it)


I haven had many mosquitoes around so far so i dont know how well it works yet,,,but so far i have not been bit.


I just slather it on myself and let it dry.


Someone said use the pper ''wipes'' yu throw in the dryer, but i'd rather go whole hog
This is the best -- we've used it for 4 years. I assume they ship to Canada -- www.mosquitobarrier.com. It's natural (made mostly of garlic, but the smell goes away in one day) and works for 2-3 weeks, depending on rain volume.
Off.
Cactus Juice. If you google the name you can find distrbutors. Works great.
DDT works great, but the libs outlawed it because it worked.





Something with DEET works.
Anything with ';Deet'; in it

No comments:

Post a Comment