Monday, January 18, 2010

What is the best ';make your own'; fly repellent?

My family lives in the country and we run an animal rescue. Right now, there are flies like crazy out here! None by the compost heap or poo pile, just by the animals and the house. What the crap? They're biting the animals ears and us too! I've been dusting everyone with diatomaceous earth (a natural pesticide) but they don't seem bothered by it. I heard mint and lemon peel are great repellents, what works best and how do you use it? I don't want any chemical pesticides, we prefer something natural.What is the best ';make your own'; fly repellent?
Bathe the animals in lemon-scented soap. Supposed to work for mosquitos anyways but not sure about flies.What is the best ';make your own'; fly repellent?
Bleach and water 1/2 and 1/2, in a squirt bottle.


Shoot it at the flies, they die quick. It works for me.
TAKE A CLOTHE AND RUB DOWN THE ANIMALS WITH VINEGAR,AND BOIL A POT OF WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR IN YOUR HOUSE
What about a citronella plant? Boil it down into water and spray it? Never tried it. I use man-made chemicals. Dangerous, but highly effective.
personally, i think looking into a good bug zapper is a good idea. they're not too expensive, and are worth the price.


just situate a little off, but within the barn and watch the bugs sizzle.
Try fabric softner sheets. I know for sure they repel mosquitos. I'm not positive about flies, but it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment