Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I make my snow board jacket water repellent?

I washed my jacket and now it does not repel water as well as it used to. Is there a way to make it more water repellent again?How can I make my snow board jacket water repellent?
If your jacket is made from Gore-Tex, or a similar waterproof/breathable material, you should use something like Nikwax Tech Wash when you wash it. Follow that up with Nikwax TX Direct to boost up the waterproofing. TX Direct is available in a spray or wash-in. I find the wash-in to be the best as it gives a more even coat.





On a non-waterporof/breathable jacket, the TX Direct will help but you will most likely get the same results from a spray bottle of Camp Dry or a household 3M waterproofing spray.How can I make my snow board jacket water repellent?
there is a wax substance you can buy that you wipe all over your coat, you normally buy this for fishing coats, waterproof perkers etc.....but i dont have a link sorry. you may want to search majors caot stores, or even army/ fishing stores
Scoth guard.





Or Or Nik-wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment