Saturday, January 16, 2010

What type of insect repellent should I get for camping?

We'll be camping up in Lake Placid New York in a few weeks and I'm wondering what kind of insect repellent would be best. There's this new stuff called Picardin in a sport spray I saw made by cutter, and then there's the deep woods stuff that contains 30% Deet. I don't want something that's going to make me hallucinate though, but I do want the bugs away from me.





Any suggestions? Thanks.What type of insect repellent should I get for camping?
I don't think any of it with cause hallucinations! LOL





An insecticide that is 100% DEET will offer up to 12 hours of protection against insect bites. Lower dosages, 20% to 34%, will offer 3 to 6 hours of protection.





Picaridin, or sometimes listed as Icaridin, has been shown to have the same or superior protection as DEET.





Permethrin is another ingredient in some insecticides that is fantastic when applied to clothing or bedding, NOT to your skin.





Below is a link to insecticides that contain DEET and also a link to the main site at insect-repellent.net. A very informative site.





PS: When you get to Lake Placid, you just HAVE to drive to the top of Whiteface Mountain and then take the short elevator ride or hike tjhe last little bit to the very summit! AWESOME views! But, take lots of warm clothes for the summit, cool and windy!!What type of insect repellent should I get for camping?
I don't know anything specific, but I know you want something that has a fair amount of deet in it. Hope I helped!
I personally prefer Deet brand insect repellent.
Skin So Soft from Avon works great spells great
  • how to makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment